Friday, January 13, 2017

January 12, 2017

This posting is to give notice that I will be withdrawing my candidacy for a position on the Board of Directors at the upcoming annual meeting.  I will no longer be involved in the political process of Aspen Circle.

The reason for that decision is health.  As some in the Circle are aware, I have been having issues with my balance for some time and I can no longer ignore it.   My neurologist has indicated that it is likely that I have Adult Onset Ataxia, a catchall diagnosis that includes neurological conditions of many types that are degenerative and progressive.  For the curious, Google my diagnosis for anything you wish to know.  It's fortunate that here in Tampa Bay we have a Ataxia Research Center at  USF and they will be handling my case.

Obviously, with my problem, living on the second floor is not the best situation for me.  Therefore, I will be devoting my time and energy to: 1) finding a living situation that is more appropriate and  2) making my unit more salable.

As many know, I have a reverse mortgage which means that the title will be turned over to to the mortgage company when I depart.  In order to avoid the problems involved with a situation like we had with 212 - Tim's place,  I will be working to put my unit is a more marketable condition.  This will avoid the forfeiture process and probate.  With the title turned over to the mortgage company, they should assume maintenance fees and be able to sell the unit ASAP.

Finally, I must express my sincere thanks for the love and comfort offered me by some of the residents of the Circle during the very recent low point in my life.    We truly have some wonderful people in the Circle and, for their support, I am very grateful!

Over and out!

Andy Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment